2/7/09

THE BEAUTY OF ORGANIZATION.

Here's the truth: I am not a naturally organized person.   I've always detested planners, agendas, and organizers of all kinds,  especially those hideous ones that they gave out in high school that were emblazoned with the "complementary" school colors blue and yellow.  I realized that one of the main reasons why I disliked using a planner is that the one I was constantly exposed to was not my aesthetic. Earlier this year I set out to find a planner that was more stylish.  

One of the first nicer planners I found was a Moleskine: 


This notebook brand boasts that their products have been "used by European artists and thinkers  for the past two centuries, from Van Gogh to Picasso, from Ernest Hemingway to Bruce Chatwin." This planner was just what I was looking for aesthetically; simple but chic.  The acid free paper and inside pocket were also enticing features.    However, there was not enough room under each day to write and I soon gave up and reverted to my old system of trying to remember everything without writing it down.   I feared I would never find the right planner.  


One day while I was at Target with my sister I actually found one that caught my eye: 


So far I've been using this planner religiously.  It is just what I was looking for: a stylish planner with an effective layout.  It features a weekly layout with space for appointments on one side and a To Do list one one side for each day.  It also has a few pages on effective organizing that I found useful.  I feel so much more in control now that I have learned the benefits of time management and the effectiveness of writing important things down.  If all goes well with this planner I will hopefully acquire this one: 

Louis Vuitton Epi Leather agenda.  This agenda is GORGEOUS.  The beautiful textured leather in this rich purple color and the contrasting bright pink lining made me fall in love with this planner.  The refills are beautiful as well, with just the right amount of space to write and chic details such as LV monogram symbols framing the spiral binding.  If I can remain loyal to my organizing habits for a year I would like to reward myself with this agenda.  What a great incentive to become organized!


No comments: